Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Error on first attempted login

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
sjarmstrs

Error on first attempted login

Unread post by sjarmstrs »

nubuilder4 errors
nubuilder4 errors
nubuilder4_errors.jpg (91.15 KiB) Viewed 7382 times
Hi,

I am a long-time nuBuilder Pro user.

I have installed nuBuilderForte as directed in the help pages, unzipping the SW to a folder on my web server. I have a BitNami WAMP stack installed and working and I have imported the nubuilder4 SQL into a new database. I have also set up the nuconfig.php file with the relevant entries. However, when I try to hit the index.php file from my web browser, I get a blank screen and the browser console shows the errors in the attached screenshot.

Any guidance you can provide to get up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Simon.
cypherinfo

Re: Error on first attempted login

Unread post by cypherinfo »

I had the same issue; I found that my error was the wrong password in $nuConfigDBPassword. I'd suggest you to verify those pices of information.
nac

Unread post by nac »

Hello,

I am very new to nuBuilder (and PHP) and I too am having problems with login, although I think my problem is a bit different. Having followed the installation instructions at http://wiki.nubuilder.net/nubuilderfort ... .php/Setup, I was able to use the globeadmin account to create a table and a form and it all works perfectly via the 'User home' button. However if I try to login with a user account (either the built-in 'nu' or one I create myself) then I always get an 'invalid login' error. I have changed the password by visiting the Home ► User ► User form but this makes no difference. Incidentally, whenever I visit this form, I always have to re-enter the password twice as an error message appears when I try to save the form if I don't.

The browser console shows the following as soon as I click the 'log in' button.
nb login problem console.png
nb login problem console.png (26.73 KiB) Viewed 7319 times
BTW, I uploaded my nuBuilder files and tables to a different server and found the same problem. So at this point I am truly stumped.
No doubt I am missing something very obvious; any pointers as to what it may be would be very welcome.

Neil
toms

Unread post by toms »

My obeservations so far/steps to replicate the problem:

- I created a new user X
- the login works just fine with that newly created user X
- then I changed the password for user X
- the login fails now with the new password. As I can see in the db table, the password has been changed.
- I also see that error msg "POST https://xxx/nuBuilder4/nuapi.php 403 (Forbidden)" in the console and nuBuilder shows a "Invalid login." message.
- Now if I set the initial password again, the login works again
- I verifyed the passwords in the db with a MD5-decrypter. They are all correct.
- This issue even exists in V3.
Attachments
img_err.png
img_err.png (30.53 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
nac

Unread post by nac »

Hello toms,

Thanks for looking into this; and I am really glad that you were able to replicate the issue. I am not sure where to go next but I have been able to create a couple of working accounts so should be OK for the moment. As this was an issue in version 3, does it mean it unlikely to be addressed? I guess it has not created issues for anyone else.

Is this behaviour related to the issue I raised about the need to re-enter the password whenever the 'user details' form is updated? Once a user is created, I assume that the user him/herself will be able to modify all the details (inc. password) except the Login Name (permanent) and the Access Level (global admin only). The rest of the user profile should be accessible to the user to change. Is there a standard form for this? Sorry for so many questions - I really should read the documentation!

Overall, nuBuilder seems to be very good indeed; I am very impressed. I have been using A2N.accdb to migrate MS-Access tables but am not sure if the statements that populate the zzz% tables with forms and reports are compatible with version 4.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Neil
toms

Unread post by toms »

nac wrote: Thanks for looking into this; and I am really glad that you were able to replicate the issue. I am not sure where to go next but I have been able to create a couple of working accounts so should be OK for the moment. As this was an issue in version 3, does it mean it unlikely to be addressed? I guess it has not created issues for anyone else.
I pulled the latest code from github and I'm able to log in after changing a user's password :D
nac wrote: Once a user is created, I assume that the user him/herself will be able to modify all the details (inc. password) except the Login Name (permanent) and the Access Level (global admin only). The rest of the user profile should be accessible to the user to change. Is there a standard form for this? Sorry for so many questions - I really should read the documentation!
I haven't seen an inbuilt form for that but this could be achieved by cloning the password form (or replicating parts of it) leaving just an old/new password field to allow a user to change his own password.
pierrot

Unread post by pierrot »

Funny thing, I can login only when user=password :)
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

pierrot,

You were right!

All fixed now.

Steven
rdal

Unread post by rdal »

Hi,

I too could not login on my first attempt to use nb4.

According to the browser:

Site could not be loaded because
IP Address could not be found

But i double and triple checked my entries in nuconfig.php and they were all correct.

I even checked my ip address via ipconfig in cmd.exe

Help please...
pierrot

Unread post by pierrot »

Is Your www server installation working correctly?