Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

read only form with edit button

barrydocks

read only form with edit button

Unread post by barrydocks »

I would like to create a read only form with an edit button to allow data changes. My first thought was to create an action button that would load a read/write clone of the original form. Alternatively, I could add an action button that allows a read only form to become a read write form.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks
massiws

Re: read only form with edit button

Unread post by massiws »

barrydocs,
there are different ways: it depends on what you need.
barrydocks wrote:My first thought was to create an action button that would load a read/write clone of the original form.
that's what Clone button does (you can also add Display conditions to make it appear only in some cases): the cloned record isn't saved until Save button is pressed. You may want to check your login with Javascript/jQuery in nuBeforeSave() or nuBeforeClone() functions and/or PHP in Custom Code > Before Save.
barrydocks wrote:I could add an action button that allows a read only form to become a read write form.
This could be done in Custom Code > Javascript, for example, add this code in your form to hide Save button:

Code: Select all

function nuLoadThis() {

//Disable Save button
    $("#nuActionSave").toggle();

// Set all INPUT elements to readonly
    $(":input").attr("readonly","readonly");

}
To restore Save button or readonly values you could add a Extra Action button like this:
ExtraActionButton.png
ExtraActionButton.png (12.38 KiB) Viewed 12629 times
Hope this helps,
Max
Tinka

Unread post by Tinka »

Hi

This only makes input fields read-only, but not lookups. Is there an easy way to include these?

BR, Tinka
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »