Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Can't generate report

jmusther

Re: Can't generate report

Unread post by jmusther »

Max:
No, I don't have any strange characters in the site path. The real path to the htdocs is /Applications/MAMP/htdocs and the site path is just localhost/db/sandbox

Martin:
I tried as you suggested. It worked - up to a point. The report was successfully generated, but the images were missing from the PDF. On my linux install, the images are generated as expected. Is that function involved with image handling?
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Jonathan,
you may upload a file info.php:

Code: Select all

<?php
echo phpinfo();
?>
in MAMP installation: maybe, could be some parameters to set properly to make nuBuilder work (for example suhosin.simulation = on, display_errors = Off, etc.)
jmusther

The output from phpinfo() is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9855388/phpinfo.pdf

Cheers,
Jon
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Jonathan,
NuBuilder require a lot of resources and you have increase some values in php.ini.

You can modify these values in php.ini file:

max_input_vars = 5000
max_execution_time = 600
memory_limit = 512M
or insert these directive in .htaccess file in your project folder:

php_value max_input_vars 5000
php-value max_execution_time 600
php_value memory_limit 512M
Max
jmusther

Hi Max,

It turns out that when I modified these values previously, I edited the wrong php.ini file (MAMP contains several, for different versions of php) but I've now edited them in the correct file (as reflected by changes in the output from phpinfo().

Unfortunately, the situation hasn't changed and trying to load the report is still producing the 500 server error.
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Jonathan,
try to insert this in .htaccess:

php_flag suhosin.simulation On
oldshatterhand

Unread post by oldshatterhand »

Hi,
I'm have having the same problem on my (test)system and I believe to know why!

The problem is that nuBuilder needs register_globals turned on in php (like described in the install txt).
@nubuilder team: I think that options is mainly needed for the report creation right?!

The Problem now is that Johnathan and I are using php versions which are newer than 5.4...
But the register_globals option was (completely) removed from php since 5.4, so we don't have any possibility now to get the reports working as far as I see it.

It would be really helpfull if the nuBuilder team would publish a workaround for this. First I think it has it's reasons that it got removed from php and secondly we two will certainly not remain the only people with that problem in the future.

Regards,
OldShatterhand
oldshatterhand

Hi,

The problem is that nuBuilder needs register_globals turned on in php (like described in the install txt).
@nubuilder team: I think that options is mainly needed for the report creation right?!

The Problem now is that Johnathan and I are using php versions which are newer than 5.4...
But the register_globals option was (completely) removed from php since 5.4, so we don't have any possibility now to get the reports working as far as I see it.

It would be really helpfull if the nuBuilder team would publish a workaround for this. First I think it has it's reasons that it got removed from php and secondly we two will certainly not remain the only people with that problem in the future.

Regards,
OldShatterhand
oldshatterhand

Hi,

Regards,
OldShatterhand
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

OldShatterhand,
I usually run nuBuilder on server with PHP 5.3, but in my local machine I run Linux Ubuntu with PHP 5.4.6.

The only things I changed are:
- in php.ini set Display_errors = Off
- in report_object.php - lines 233-240 insert a new condition to check PHP version:

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.4.0', '<')) {
	function hex2bin($h){

if (!is_string($h)) return null;
		$r='';
		for ($a=0; $a<strlen($h); $a+=2) { $r.=chr(hexdec($h{$a}.$h{($a+1)})); }
		return $r;
	}
}
So also my reports work fine.

Hope this helps,
Max