Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

nuBuilder is natively able to be applied to a google map?

cypherinfo

nuBuilder is natively able to be applied to a google map?

Unread post by cypherinfo »

Hello, I was asked to build - for free - a web site like this: http://livelovely.com/search where anyone may run a search (complex query too) on an underling database.
It is more than a while I'm away from nuBuilder and I wonder if and how it may do that task without or little developing.

If not I wonder if nuBuilder may takes that as an opportunity to embed a feature to do that.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: nuBuilder is natively able to be applied to a google map

Unread post by admin »

cypherinfo,

You can do mashups in nuBuilder using the HTML Object (even google maps)

http://wiki.nubuilder.com/tiki-index.ph ... A+HTML+Tab

Steven
cypherinfo

Hello, I know that with the HTML and coding all become possible. I was thinking to a more: "construction toy" way. for letting even the non developer user of nuBuilder to do that.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

cypherinfo,

nuBuilder is just for data entry.

I don't know what you mean.

BTW who's asking you to build something like http://livelovely.com for free.

That's crazy.
cypherinfo

I do not think nuBuilder is just for data entry; it is much more than that! It is one of the very few GPL user interface capable to let you build, even if you're not a developer, a great and quick user interface with all of the needed features in it!

I'm "doing the job" for an NGO entity.

Now more than before the maps features and prerogative are more and more common and used. The field of crisis mapping is an example of it. It would be a great uupdate for nuBuikder to let users add with ease or little developing effort a map and features which may link it to a database. I mean on the same page has to be displayed a search box (with advanced search features too) and a map where real time display the search results.

Examples: http://yfrog.com/klq7fcp

Showcase: https://developers.google.com/showcase/ < here are plenty of examples.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

We have used nuBuilder to hold data that can plot grids on maps, like this..
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (338.1 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
I said nuBuilder is just for data entry. I meant data.

What do you mean by
natively able
Steven
cypherinfo

Thank you for your reply. I found nuBuilder after a deep search when I was committed to build a way to web access and managing the results of a Research Institute. Before to start that web search I was skeptic about to find an all-in-one application capable to do job. I felt surprised When I found it.
Behind every software product there is something difficult to depict; it reveals oneself in: the possibility to find an answer to your queries; in the feeling of stability when you notice that your product is always there after so many years; the capacity to be able to follow and keep updating it due to the new needs from the ICT market.
All of the peculiarities above are rare to find in one product only but nuBuilder!
Those have a key role when deciding if use or not the application; to buy it or not! So it is no more a matter of price: great or cheap!!

From the user side it is not easy to find a user capable to apply and have in mind all of those one when selecting a software item.

So, by "natively able" I mean a way (may be by adding a new dedicated nuBuilder plugin) to have on the same page (form) the chance to run a search (even an advanced one) and see its results (pins on the map with the possibility to link/hover an image for every pin) on a google map below the search box.

I guess if a poll was run among the nuBuilder users most of them will vote for having such a new feature!

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

cypherinfo,

There are an infinite number of API's that COULD be accessed to extract data from different places (not just google maps).

But that's up to the programmer. Not us.

Steven
cypherinfo

The point is that yours would be the unique platform to manage the map search for database with over millions of records fast and easy.
Now in order to build a web site with a map (advanced) search feature you should use Joomla! with some great extensions like:
Fabrik http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27246 or:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... J3MiO30%3D

Those twos are great but for millions of records. I wonder how great would become nuBuilder if only may fill the gap of the bridge between Joomla! and nuBuilder. nuBuilder would be able to add fast map search on millions of records whereas Joomla! cannot. That way all of the thousands users of Joomla! would know nuBuilder too! I mean opening the use of nuBuilder to users capable not to develop but to build aJoomla! web site!
Sorry I'm a dreamer.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

cypherinfo,

When nuBuilder runs a query from a search screen like this..
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.6 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
It generates an sql query like this..

Code: Select all

SELECT  sat_all_code, sat_all_description, sat_all_group, sat_all_type, zzsys_activity_id  
FROM zzsys_activity  
WHERE ((
(sat_all_code  LIKE  "%FM%") 
  OR  (sat_all_description  LIKE  "%FM%") 
  OR  (sat_all_group  LIKE  "%FM%") 
  OR  (sat_all_type  LIKE  "%FM%")  
) AND (
(sat_all_code  LIKE  "%list%") 
  OR  (sat_all_description  LIKE  "%list%") 
  OR  (sat_all_group  LIKE  "%list%") 
  OR  (sat_all_type  LIKE  "%list%") 
))   
This means the user can easily find what they are looking for without having to create their own complex WHERE clause (because nuBuilder does it for them).

This is ideal for nearly every business / office type web application with even a few hundred thousand records (with a bit of tweeking).

But it would be a very slow way to search millions of records.

Steven