Deploying a project

Questions related to using nuBuilder Forte.

Deploying a project

Postby dgoadby » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm

I'm getting used to nuBuilder and it's a very productive tool. So far I have created forms and reports and tables in the original development environment.

I now want to deploy the application to the target system which has an existing database. I can copy the new tables across ok but what do I do with the actual application? I can copy the nuBuilder folder to the Apache htdocs folder and the database tables to the traget MySQL database but, do I just change the database settings in the config file to match the new database?

Are there any traps/pitfalls in this strategy?

Also, what if I need to access data from more than one database? Can this be done easily?

And, finally, how can I clone a form or report from one development environment to another?
Regards

David Goadby (North Wales, UK)
dgoadby

Re: Deploying a project

Postby kev1n » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:23 pm

dgoadby wrote:
I now want to deploy the application to the target system which has an existing database. I can copy the new tables across ok but what do I do with the actual application? I can copy the nuBuilder folder to the Apache htdocs folder and the database tables to the traget MySQL database but, do I just change the database settings in the config file to match the new database?

Are there any traps/pitfalls in this strategy?

1. Export the whole DB to an SQL file and import the db dump to the destination database.
2. Copy the nuBuilder files to the target location.
3. Update the nuConfig.php file

dgoadby wrote:Also, what if I need to access data from more than one database? Can this be done easily?

nuBuilder doesn't support multiple databases. But you can use the PHP BE (Before Edit) to load data from another db.

dgoadby wrote:And, finally, how can I clone a form or report from one development environment to another?

There is no direct way but you can copy the corresponding rows from source to destination.

Data is mainly stored in these tables:

zzzzsys_object
zzzzsys_form
zzzzsys_php
zzzzsys_tab
zzzzsys_event
zzzzsys_report
kev1n

Postby dgoadby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:40 am

Thank you very much for a very comprehensive reply.

That's just what I wanted to know.
Regards

David Goadby (North Wales, UK)
dgoadby

Postby admin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:56 pm

admin
Site Admin

Return to General